An interstate move with AAA Moving & Storage involves moving from State to State. As a licensed, insured and bonded interstate mover, we are conveniently located in Hickory, NC close to all major cities in NC. Whether you are moving to NC or moving out of NC, we can accommodate your move request within all 50 states.
Interstate moves are based on Interstate tariff rates that are calculated by weight and distance. With over 21 years of continued service in NC, AAA Moving and Storage is equipped to handle all aspects of your interstate move from packing, unpacking, crating, temporary or permanent storage to just holding your contents on our trucks until you are ready to move in.
Since we pride ourselves as a “Dedicated Service Moving Company”, the same crew that packs and loads your belongings will be the same crew that unpacks and unloads your belongings. This means only one customer per job per crew and no splitting of loads. Over the years, this has proven to reduce customer stress, reduce damages, reduce off- loading time and eliminate lost or misplaced items.
Moving procedures for an interstate move.
- One of our moving coordinators schedules and in-home survey of your contents or a phone survey
- Once surveyed, a “Binding Estimate” in writing will be given for the services requested
- Scheduling of the requested moving date. Always leave a one day window in case of bad weather
- On moving day, the moving coordinator will introduce your moving crew and do a walk through
- The job begins with the services you selected
- Floor runners or pads on carpet and hardwood floors
- Padded protection on banisters and stair railings
- Properly packing all loose household items in boxes (additional fees may apply)
- Inventory every item being moved to ensure no damage was incurred during the move process
- Disassembling all necessary furniture to eliminate stress on weak or fragile joints
- Shrink wrap all upholstered items, mattress/box-springs, armoires with swing doors, etc.
- Pad wrap all wooden furniture completely
- Begin loading the truck(s)
- Once loaded, all proper paper work and inventory sheets are signed and copies given to you
- Moving crew either drives to new destination or our climate controlled storage
- Moving crew arrives at new residence and begins to unload
- All furniture , boxes, etc. are reassembled and placed exactly where you request
- Once all items on the inventory sheets are checked and accounted for, payment in full is made and your job is now complete
With our strict policies and procedures here at AAA Moving and Storage – Hickory, NC, we leave nothing to chance. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. We take nothing for granted and strive to gain your trust and confidence as your preferred mover of choice for all your interstate moving needs.